Kids’ Turn helps children and parents
through parental separation.
Kids’ Turn is the only organization of its kind. Based in San Francisco, we are the only nonprofit organization providing a comprehensive and proven program for children and family members who are affected by familial separation. Our goals are to:
- Help children cope with parental separation. Our programs help children understand and cope with the loss, anger and fear that often accompany familial separation. We do this by providing a safe place for children to discuss their thoughts and feelings and show them that they are not alone.
- Help family members support their children. Our programs help mothers, fathers and grandparents learn how to support their children to prevent at-risk behavior. Our programs teach the skills needed to understand the child’s perspective.
- Support the diversity of participants. Classes are conducted locally in English, Chinese and Spanish. Our participants include people from all types of families, including single-parent homes and alternative families.
- Demystify and de-stigmatize the separation process. Half of all U.S. marriages end in divorce or separation. Kids’ Turn promotes a healthy perspective and helps families understand that they are not alone.
- Click here to read Kids’ Turn’s 2010 Annual Report